We eat a lot of chicken, which can get boring unless I try new recipes. I found this recipe for pork chops with lemon thyme cream sauce (also AMAZING by the way), and knew that I had to change it up a bit so I could make it and the kids would eat it. So here’s my spin on the recipe it’s my Chicken With Lemon Basil Sauce.
Chicken With Lemon Basil Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
5. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and lemon zest to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes, until the liquid has reduced slightly.
6. Stir in the chopped basil and heavy cream. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
7. Return the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until heated through.
8. Serve the chicken with the lemon basil sauce spooned over the top. Please note that this is a general recipe and you can adjust the ingredients and measurements according to your taste preferences. Enjoy your Chicken With Lemon Basil Sauce!