The question every mom hates to hear. And then think about. Because if you don’t know, chances are you’ll end up making something quick and dirty (read: not healthy). I have two words for you: Chicken Divan. And I’m sharing my Chicken Divan recipe with you. You can thank me later. I know what you’re thinking it’s old school. Boring. Something you’re mom used to make and force you to eat. But not this one! My family refers to it as “Chicken Da- Bomb“. The best part of this chicken divan recipe is that you’ll probably have everything on hand, and if you don’t you can buy everything ready made at the store.
Chicken Da-BOMB (AKA Chicken Divan Recipe)
Chicken Da Bomb: A Chicken Divan Recipe, Only Better!
Author: Natalie – MommyofaMonster.com
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (need a last minute dinner? Pick up a rotisserie chicken and shred it!)
- 1 -2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cans (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cans (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup – approximately 4 ounces (or more!) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place the frozen broccoli in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rice, soups, mayonnaise and lemon juice, then spread over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Seriously awesome dinner. Not super healthy or low in calories, but then not everything has to be all the time!