Last week, I shared a recipe for Chicken Pesto Pizza that was a huge hit and that the kids have been asking for every night. So I decided to come up with a recipe that was similar to the pizza that I could make a big batch of, and then freeze it so I have it available when the kids ask for it. I do that a lot with pasta. This easy chicken pasta is made really quickly because I take a shortcut on the chicken. I make it using Foster Farms Sauté Ready.
I love this new Foster Farms Sauté Ready chicken for so many reasons. The biggest being that it’s a fast way to make a healthy weeknight dinner! It cooks in about 10 minutes, and doesn’t require any thawing. I also like that you get a big resealable bag of low-fat (98% fat free), high-protein (21g protein/serving) chicken with no added hormones or steroids. The bag contains 1.75 pounds (that’s 7 servings!) of 100% natural chicken. That means you can use what you need and save the rest for later. And it comes in three delicious varieties: Fajita, Garlic Herb, and Asian Style. For my easy chicken pasta recipe, I tried the Garlic Herb variety.
So let’s make some easy chicken pasta!
Easy Chicken Pasta
Quick & Easy Chicken Pasta
Author: Natalie – MommyofaMonster.com
- ½ lb pasta of your choice
- 3 tablespoons of jarred pesto (or make your own!)
- 1 lb Foster Farms Sauté Ready, Garlic & Herb flavor
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces turkey bacon, cooked and chopped (you can find pre-cooked bacon in the deli aisle)
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup of sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups low-fat Alfredo sauce
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped basil to taste (optional)
- Prepare the pasta as instructed on the box.
- Heat the pesto over medium heat in a nonstick skillet; add the chicken, garlic, and bacon and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, or until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and Alfredo sauce and stir until mixture is coated. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir until well blended. Sprinkle with fresh basil, if desired.
Super easy to make and delicious! It’s rich and creamy, and is good even without the pasta!