While perusing Pinterest recently, I came across a recipe for a crock pot chicken recipe made with just four ingredients: chicken, stuffing, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup. It sounded yummy, and so I decided to try it.
Of course I had to make some changes to it to fit with what I had on hand and know that my family likes. The great thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t just have to be a crock pot chicken recipe – it can be made with turkey too. You can add additional ingredients to suit your family’s taste as well.
Crock Pot Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 – 2 lbs thawed boneless, skinless chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6oz. package of Stove Top stuffing mix
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can of cream of chicken OR cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup water
- Chop the chicken into large chunks. Spread the chicken around the bottom of the crock pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dry stuffing mix on top of the chicken to cover completely.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, soup, and water. Pour the mixture over the top of the stuffing mix.
- Cook on low for four hours.
Notes You can use turkey instead of chicken and any cream soup you would like. I think it would also be good with broccoli – just put the broccoli on top of the stuffing mix before adding the sour cream mixture.
Easy peasy! Everybody loved it and this is definitely a recipe I would make again.
This recipe reminded me of two of my favorite recipes: Chicken da Bomb and Turkey Casserole both recipes could easily be converted to make in the crock pot now that I think about it.
What is your favorite Pinterest recipe that you have found that your family loved? Share it by leaving a comment below!