Just in time for Fall and Thanksgiving, I’m sharing my favorite easy pumpkin pie recipe. It’s my Upside Down Pumpkin Cake recipe; an easy pumpkin pie recipe only so much better.
This easy pumpkin pie recipe is SO GOOD that even Scary Mommy loved it and featured it in her book Scary Mommy’s Guide To Surviving the Holidays!
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe, But Better: Upside Down Pumpkin Cake
Upside Down Pumpkin Cake: My Claim To Fame
Author: Natalie – MommyofaMonster.com
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- salt to taste
- 1¾ cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 13X9 inch baking dish with parchment paper (make sure that it overlaps on all sides because you need to flip the cake after it cools).
- In a mixing bowl, blend pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, salt, sugar, eggs and milk. Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle dry cake mix and nuts over the batter. Pour melted butter over the cake.
- Bake for 60 minutes and let cool. The cake will be “liquidy” at first, but will solidify as it cools. Once it cools, place a serving platter on top of the baking dish and flip it over so that the “crust” is on bottom. Serve with whipped cream.
Usually I make this cake without nuts because Jason doesn’t like them. It tastes good either way.
I swear, once you serve this, you will never have to make any other easy pumpkin pie recipes ever again! People will be begging for this pumpkin cake every Thanksgiving, it’s really that good.
If you decide to try it, let me know how it turns out and what you think. And if you love pumpkin, try my two ingredient pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bars, and make sure to check out my Pumpkin Recipe Roundup. Still want more? Check out my For the Love of Pumpkin board on Pinterest.
Do you have an easy pumpkin pie recipe with a twist or a pumpkin recipe that people love? I’d love to feature it in my next Pumpkin Recipe Roundup!