This is my FAVORITE muffin recipe. I make these almond poppy seed muffins all the time, and could eat the entire batch myself (but I don’t not in one sitting anyways!). I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Almond Poppy Seed Muffins
Print Almond Poppy Seed Muffins Author: Natalie – MommyofaMonster.com
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (I like a strong almond flavor, and use 1 teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Sliced almonds to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds and set aside. Cream butter, sugar and extract. Add eggs, beating well. Add flour mixture alternately with milk into butter mixture. Pour into greased muffin tins (or ungreased paper muffin cups) and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake 24 minutes or till top springs back. Makes 10 large muffins, or 12 smaller muffins.
- You can also make a glaze with mixture of ¼ cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons heavy cream, and ½ teaspoon of almond extract if desired.
Notes These almond poppy seed muffins freeze well.
If you are a fan of muffins for breakfast, try my Banana Oatmeal Muffins! Want something more savory? Try my Mini Breakfast Quiches, Baked Prosciutto and Egg Cups, or my Breakfast Pizza Cups. You can also check out my board Baking on Pinterest for lots of other great recipes.