Remember last week when I shared my recipe for 2 Ingredient, No Bake Oreo Truffles with you? They are good super good. Well I also found a recipe on (where else?) Pinterest for Peppermint Oreo Bites. You say potato, I say potat-o. The recipe is basically the same as my Oreo Truffles, except you use Peppermint Oreos instead of regular ones. Now I never turn down peppermint anything, so I thought I’d try them out. Here is my version of the recipe for Peppermint Oreo Truffles.
Why do I call them Perfectly Imperfect Peppermint Oreo Truffles? Because if you look at the ones on the pin that I pinned, they look perfect. Take a look at mine and not so much. The reason I left them messy and imperfect is because after the white chocolate is melted and gets hard again, the kids LOVE it. So if I make them the imperfect way, there’s lots of white chocolate around the Peppermint Oreo Truffle! And also because I let the kids sprinkle the red sugar over the top and they don’t get it all even. Of course, I think they look perfect as is.
Peppermint Oreo Truffles
Print (Perfectly Imperfect) Peppermint Oreo Truffles Author: Natalie – MommyofaMonster.com
- 1 package Peppermint Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces (about half of a regular sized package) white chocolate chips
- Crush the Oreo cookies in the blender until all are well crushed. No blender? You can put them all in a large Ziploc plastic bag and smash them until smooth. Just make sure not to leave any air in the bag or you’ll have cookie crumbs everywhere!
- Mix the cream cheese and Oreo crumbs until well blended.
- Form about 1-inch balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place them in the freezer for about an hour or until firm.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container for 30 seconds and mix. Heat for an additional 30 seconds until all melted.
- Dip the cold Oreo balls in the melted white chocolate and place back on the parchment paper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Looking for more holiday goodies to make and share?
Amaretto Cherry Biscotti
Dessert Coffee (made with Kahlua, Amaretto, and chocolate yum!)
Cookie Dough Dip
Chocolate Pudding Shots
Butter Cookies with Jelly
Cream Cheese Mints (they taste just like Hickory Farms’ Meltaway Mints!)
White Trash Popcorn (Candy Popcorn)
Candy Cane Infused Vodka
Death by Chocolate Cookies
Do you give during the holidays? Here’s how to put together an Operation Christmas Child shoebox.
Has your family read the Christmas-based story The Sparkle Box? It’s a must read – it’s all about the gift of giving.
Do you know the story behind the Christmas Pickle?
Here are 5 holiday cleaning tips (for when you don’t have time to clean.)
Want to have a letter from Santa delivered to your child, with a North Pole postmark? I’ve got lots more ways to get in touch with Santa from videos to phone calls and more.
Looking for more Christmas recipes, ideas, decor, crafts? I’ve got them all on myChristmas Pinterest board! Need Elf on the Shelf Ideas – I have those too!