Baby, it’s gonna get cold outside. Although we here in So Cal have been having amazing weather, we are expecting a huge rainstorm with wind and thundershowers throughout the weekend. That means I’ll be inside trapped with kids. All day. And all night. For the next four or five days. I’m gonna need something to look forward to in the evening. Which leads me to sharing one of my favorite coffee recipes this one is full of caffeine and all kinds of other yummies! It’s a perfect after-the-kids-go-to-bed treat for you and also perfect for holiday entertaining or as an adult dessert.
Print Adults Only Coffee Author: Natalie – MommyofaMonster.com
- 1 ounce (1/8 cup) coffee-flavored liqueur, such as Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur, such as Amaretto
- A cup of your favorite strong brewed coffee, hot
- Sweet whipped cream
- ½ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Prepare your favorite coffee
- Add the coffee liqueur and almond liqueur to mug, stir to blend
- Top with whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder and chocolate chips to taste
So easy to make! If you aren’t a fan of Kahlua or Amaretto, you can swap it out for Irish Cream. I bet this would be good iced too! I’ll have to try it that way when the weather heats back up.
If you’re looking for more coffee recipes or recipes for adults-only, you can check them out on my board Beverages for Adults on Pinterest.
If you are looking for coffee recipes without alcohol, check out this one for Bulletproof Coffee and this one for Dirty Chai latte, made with coffee and chai tea.