We are a family of pizza lovers. I could eat pizza 3 times a day, 7 days a week. Hot or cold, I’m a fan. I recently found a recipe for Breakfast Pizza Cups and I will admit while it sounded yummy, it sounded a little boring, too. So I decided to mix things up and put my own spin on it!
- 6 slices Hormel Fully Cooked Bacon
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup frozen hash browns or potatoes o’brien, thawed
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- 1. Preheat oven to 375.
- 2. Heat up bacon in microwave as directed on package. Then cut into small pieces.
- 3. Spray a muffin tin with non stick spray. Unroll the crescent rolls, and press 2 triangles, criss-crossed, into each muffin cup, skipping every other muffin cup. Repeat procedure with remaining crescents.
- 4. Sprinkle bacon evenly into crescents, then sprinkle evenly with hash browns and Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses.
- 5. In a small bowl, stir together egg substitute, milk and pepper and pour evenly into pizza cups. Then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with pizza sauce.
The great part about this recipe is that you can mix and match with any “toppings“ your family likes. Bacon, sausage, veggies, anything you can think of goes!
What is your family’s favorite breakfast recipe? If your family’s a breakfast fan, check out these other recipes, too!
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Baked Prosciutto & Egg Cups
Mini Breakfast Quiches
Need something to wash it down? Try my Amaretto Mimosa Recipe!
Disclosure: In the spirit of full-disclosure, I’ve partnered with Hormel Foods as part of the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. Throughout the year I’ll be receiving product, coupons, giveaways and promotions. However, no payment was given or expected for posting about the program, and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own.