I know – it’s cute, right?! So what is Word Up, YO! exactly? Well, it’s a word game…we give you a word of the week (WOW!), and you work it into one (or more if you’re adventurous!) of your posts during the week. But these aren’t ordinary words you’d use in everyday conversation, so you’ll have to get creative! Once you use the word, you slap the badge on your post, and come over and link up on one of our blogs!
• Use the Word of the Week (WOW!) in a post as many times as you legitimately can
• Use the WOW! correctly in your post, we’ve included a definition to guide you on this journey
• Include the Word Up, Yo! button somewhere in your post
• Write a post with the WOW! and link it up anytime during the week the linky is open (Sunday-Friday)
• Link up below to your relevant post, not your blog home page please
That’s it! No mandatory follows, no mandatory comments. Visit as many other linked blogs as you can.
At the end of the week, the Nerd Mafia will decide on a “winning” post. We’ll feature the winning posts with the new word. A new Word of the Week and featured post will be published every Sunday.
So what’s the first WOW! word that we’re using? Here it is…along with a definition from dictionary.com:
1. the esophagus.
2. the throat or pharynx.
3. a channel for water.
4. a gully or ravine.
5. a preparatory cut in an excavation.
6. a concavity between two sawteeth, joining them at their bases.
–verb (used with object)
7. to form a concavity at the base of (a sawtooth).
And so it goes…