The Nerd Mafia is now trying to win the internet. Help us by joining our crew!
Today is the day to announce our champion. It was not easy. Many vied for the spot.
However, the mafia seems to need to start a new family. There were two fantastic posts that stunned us with their brilliance. However, they aren’t truly in the same category as one another.
So, this week – two winners!
Since the written word really can’t compete with adorable children dancing to Michael Jackson, we’ve created a special category just for vlogs. Our weekly written, winner is:
Ladies, please contact one of the Nerd Mafia dons to get the code for that beauty of a button. Don Liz made it, she’s something of a photoshop hired gun.
Some top contenders this week:
Amy at The Adventures of JAMC used the WOW! in a plethora of ways to explain where she’s at in the blogging cycle.
Claudia at Splittergewitter conjugated the word well all the while using her second language. Ausgezeichnet!
Throw your pocket protector in the ring this week by following the rules below.
* Use the Word of the Week (WOW!) in a post as many times as you legitimately can.
* Use the WOW! correctly in your post, we’ve included a definition to guide you on this journey
* Include the Word Up, Yo! button somewhere in your post
* Write a post with the WOW! and link it up anytime during the week the linky is open (Sunday-Friday)
* Link up below to your relevant post, not your blog home page please
That’s it! No mandatory follows, no mandatory comments. Visit as many other linked blogs as you can.
At the end of the week, the Nerd Mafia will decide on a “winning” post. We’ll feature the winning posts with the new word. A new Word of the Week and featured post will be published every Sunday.
Now, without further ado the Word of the Week is another classic: fumble!
–verb (used without object)
1. to feel or grope about clumsily: She fumbled in her purse for the keys.
2. Sports . to fumble the ball.
–verb (used with object)
3. to make, handle, etc., clumsily or inefficiently: to fumble an attempt; He fumbled his way through the crowded room.
4. Sports . to fail to hold or maintain hold on (a ball) after having touched it or carried it.
5. the act of fumbling: We completed the difficult experiment without a fumble.
6. Sports . an act or instance of fumbling the ball.