One thing that I can always get the kids to eat is tater tots. They love ’em. So when nobody can decide what they want for dinner, I always fall back on my tater tot casserole that I know they will all eat. It’s easy to make, tastes yummy, and (the best part) I don’t have to fight with them to get them to finish all of their dinner!
Tater Tot Casserole for Dinner
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic salt and pepper and whatever else you season with to taste
- 1 package tater tots
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the onions. Drain and season the meat to taste with seasonings.
- Spread the beef mixture evenly over the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Place tater tots evenly over meat.
- In a small bowl, mix the soup and milk until smooth. Pour the mixture over the tater tots and sprinkle Cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You can also make this in a crock pot! In Step 3, place everything in a crock pot instead of a casserole dish, then complete Step 4. When you are ready to cook it, set the crock pot to cook on Low for about 4 hours. It comes out perfectly!
I also have a tater tot casserole recipe for breakfast that’s also a big hit! If you’re looking for other hearty, comfort food type casseroles, check out all of my Casserole Recipes. Still want more? Head over to my board Casseroles on Pinterest.