I found this recipe over at FlyLady.net…a fantastic site – if you’ve never checked it out, definitely swing by! This crockpot chicken recipe is super fast and easy. You just throw everything in the crockpot and walk away…my kind of cooking!
Crockpot Chicken Recipe: Changeling Chicken
This recipe is called changeling chicken because you can change it based on what you’ve got on hand in the pantry. The only thing that FlyLady recommends always keeping consistent is the chicken, curry, coconut milk, and wine…the rest is just tossing in whatever!
- Chicken Breasts (if you have time, you can brown them first just so they have some carmelization and color) - as many as your family needs
- Mushrooms, sliced or whole. Any kind you prefer. I always use fresh button mushrooms.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup good white wine (remember, always cook with wine that you would actually drink)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 can you favorite "Cream of" Soup...chicken, mushroom or broccoli would all be great. I usually use mushroom. (Hint: for a lower fat version use 1 cup chicken broth instead)
- 1 can of baby peas
- 1 can baby carrots (Note: I also have used a frozen 10 ounce bag of peas and carrots and it worked successfully)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put the chicken in to bottom of the pot.
- Mix Sauce: Put together in a bowl, curry powder in the coconut, wine and soup.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Drain peas and carrots (although you could add this to the pot if you need more liquid).
- Put peas, carrots and assorted mushrooms on the top of the chicken and sauce.
- Pepper and Salt your dish.
- Turn on and walk away! I've cooked with both frozen and thawed chicken. For frozen, I cook on low for 6 hours. For thawed chicken, it only takes about 4 hours.
Looking for more chicken recipes? I’ve got them here and more chicken recipes on Pinterest. I’ve also got more crockpot recipes on Pinterest too!
Follow Natalie Hoage – Mommy of a Monster’s board Crock Pot & Slow Cooker Recipes on Pinterest.