Today, I’m sharing my Bacon, Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken. This recipe is definitely worth trying out, trust me. Jason’s asked for it three times in three weeks. The kids even like it, which is strange because they don’t usually like things all mixed together and ingredients that aren’t easily identifiable. It’s that good.
And here’s a secret: this stuffed chicken recipe isn’t really stuffed at all, so it is much easier to make than traditional stuffed chicken recipes. Maybe I better title would be un-stuffed chicken!
Bacon, Spinach & Feta (Un) Stuffed Chicken
I originally found this stuffed chicken recipe while perusing Rachael Ray’s magazine. I thought it sounded amazingly good, but like a whole lot of work. So I thought I’d try to make it a bit simpler to suit my family’s needs.
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen chopped spinach, squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees .
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange half of the chicken pieces on the bottom of the pan. Spoon the spinach mixture over the chicken pieces. Top the spinach mixture with the remaining chicken pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.