Garlic. Bacon. Need I say more? Today I’m sharing a recipe for roasted Brussels Sprouts that are absolutely delicious! I know, I know…you don’t like Brussels Sprouts. A lot of people don’t. My kids don’t….or they didn’t until they tried these. While they will probably never be a favorite of the kids, I know if I make them this way that they will eat them.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Garlic And Bacon
While the garlic and the bacon are a must to making these roasted Brussels Sprouts delicious, I also add in a couple of extras: pine nuts and shaved Parmesan cheese. Why? Because the kids will eat anything I put pine nuts and cheese on. Turns out it actually tastes pretty damn good too!
- 1 - 2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, diced
- 2 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shaved (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a 13X9 baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put the Brussels sprouts in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the cheese) to the sprouts. Gently toss to have the ingredients cover the sprouts (I use my hands.)
- Bake for 13 - 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
This recipe may seem a bit ambiguous. For example, I say 2 – 4 garlic cloves. That’s solely based on your family’s taste preferences. For us, more is better. The beauty of this recipe is that you can easily adjust it to suit your family. I wouldn’t omit the balsamic vinegar, bacon, or fresh garlic though because that’s really where all the flavor comes from.
Another veggie some people aren’t big fans of is broccoli. This is a quick & easy broccoli recipe for the Best Broccoli EVER. No really, it’s the 3rd most popular post on my blog. It’s delicious and it’s versatile. Serve it as a side dish, toss it into some pasta with chicken and eat it like a meal, or if you’re like my son, eat it as a snack!
Are you a fan of roasted Brussels sprouts and broccoli? Do you have a recipe to share? I’m always looking for new ones to try. If you would you like to get a recipe featured at Mommy of a Monster, find out how to do it here.