Ethan’s favorite meal in the whole world is pork chops and Broccoli and Cheese Rice-A-Roni. I swear he would be totally happy if I made it every night. Sometimes he’ll let us switch it up and make chicken instead, but not often. It gets boring. So I started looking on Pinterest for a Rice A Roni recipe or idea that would change things up at dinner time.
And I found this Chicken Rice A Roni recipe. Sounds good right? Except I had pork chops, a different kind of Rice-A-Roni, and no sour cream. So I decided to switch it up.
Rice A Roni Recipe: Pork Chop and Rice A Roni Casserole
- 1 box Broccoli and Cheese Rice-A-Roni
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (I use 98% fat-free)
- 1 cup sour cream (use low fat) or (1 cup cream cheese and 3 tablespoons milk, stirred together)
- 3-4 cups cooked pork chops, chopped
- 1 (6 oz) can French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package directions. Add soup, cream cheese, and pork chops. Stir to combine.
- Spread rice mixture in a lightly sprayed 9x13 pan. Top rice with fried onions. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
In the ingredients, you’ll notice it calls for sour cream, which I didn’t have. But if you have cream chesse and milk on hand, you can make something similar to sour cream. For this recipe, I added 3 tablespoons of milk to the cream cheese and stirred it together. Done. Work with what you got!
I love this Rice A Roni recipe and was happy to add it to my growing list of easy casserole recipes. This Chicken Casserole With Veggies, Pasta, and Cheese is another quick and easy casserole to throw together on a weeknight. This Buffalo Chicken and Cheesy Potatoes casserole is always a hit too. What’s great about both of these recipes is that you can make them in advance and pop them in the oven to heat up.
If you are still looking for other casserole ideas, I have more casserole recipes to share on my Casseroles Pinterest board.