Thank you Minute® Rice for sponsoring this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
If there’s one thing that my kids will eat every time I make it, it’s rice. So when I was invited to attend a Minute® Rice event yesterday with a handful of other bloggers, I jumped at the chance!
We had a blast learning more about Minute® Rice and even trying some delicious recipes using the rice in ways you might never even consider…like in Banana Bread! I’ll be sharing a new favorite that I tried yesterday soon.
Whether you’re cooking a busy weeknight dinner or for a holiday celebration, Minute® Rice makes making delicious food quick and easy, which makes it a great pantry staple. Minute® White Rice allows you to have great-tasting, fluffy white rice in just 5 minutes! If you prefer the nutty, rich flavor of brown rice, Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice is a nutritious option and is ready in just 10 minutes, about a ¼ of the time of traditional brown rice! Both varieties are gluten free, too.
I really liked the Minute ® Multi-Grain Medley, the newest product from Minute® Rice. It’s a blend of four gluten-free, 100% whole grains, including long grain brown rice, Thai red rice, wild rice and quinoa. It’s delicious and I see it becoming a new family favorite. It also cooks in just 10 minutes. And bonus! Minute ® Multi-Grain Medley comes in pre-portioned bags, making it even easier to prep for your meal.
Quick & Easy Dinner Idea With Minute® Rice
One of our favorite recipes is my Cheesy Chicken & Veggie Bake, made with Minute® White Rice of course. Cut up some chicken and sauté in a bit of olive oil with some frozen veggies. We used broccoli and corn – you can use your family’s favorites.
Stir in a can of low fat cream of chicken soup, and put it all in a 13×9 baking dish.
Top with cheese, and bake for about 25 minutes.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast or tenders, chopped
- 2 cups of your family's favorite frozen veggies (I use broccoli and corn)
- 1 can (2 if you like it more creamy) of cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 - 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- SautÃ© the chicken in the olive oil over medium high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in veggies and continue to cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a 13x9 baking dish.
- Top with cheese [i](Note: I top it with cheese because a couple of kids don't like cheese. If your family likes cheese, mix half of the cheese into the chicken mixture and top the mixture with the other half)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
Easy peasy! Since it only takes about 10 minutes to prep and I can cook the rice in just 5 minutes, it makes it easy to get dinner on the table super fast.
No time to cook chicken? Pick up some rotisserie chicken at the store and chop it up. Add a different flavor of your favorite “cream of” soup and your family’s favorite veggies. Delicious!
My kids also love when I cook the rice and stir in add raisins, milk, and honey for a quick and easy breakfast before school.
What’s your family’s favorite rice recipe?
For recipe ideas and special offers from Minute Rice sent straight to your inbox, I suggest that you join The Riceipe Club. You can sign up here. Or if you’re looking for recipes great for any day of the week and any time of the day, visit minuterice.com for over 400 recipe ideas!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.