It’s rare that I find a recipe that I love, that Jason loves, AND that the kids love, too. This quick chicken spaghetti recipe was definitely a hit at our house! The kids loved it and even asked that I make it once a week. I was shocked that they liked it that much!
Not only is this quick chicken spaghetti delicious, it’s super easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights. It’s also versatile – use whatever pasta you have on hand, try kale instead of spinach, add chopped basil before serving…make it your family’s favorite!
Quick Chicken Spaghetti With Bacon And Spinach
I found this quick chicken spaghetti recipe at Delish.com. I would definitely recommend making more of the sauce if you like a lot of sauce – this amount coated the spaghetti but didn’t really leave enough to make it rich and creamy.
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders, chopped into one-inch pieces
- salt and black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Cook spaghetti or angel hair according to package directions until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- While the spaghetti cooks, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook with the bacon until cooked through.
- Pour off half the bacon fat and add garlic, tomatoes, and spinach and season with salt and pepper. Add heavy cream, Parmesan, and 1/2 cup pasta water and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spaghetti or angel hair and toss until fully coated.
I’m always looking for quick and easy recipes…do you have one to share? Find out how to get your recipe or kitchen tip featured here on Mommy of a Monster!