The kids have been back to school for about a month now, and I still feel like weeknights are disorganized and chaotic. Evenings are now filled with after school activities and all the regular to-do list items. Between Ethan’s Tae Kwon Do, all the kids’ homework, play time, bath time, and everything else, I’m always looking for quick and easy dinner ideas.
I love this mini pizzas recipe because it can be prepped and cooked in less than 30 minutes. The girls’ new thing is helping me make meals, which can be a bit, uh, stressful. With this recipe, I can have them help because I have the time and patience to get dinner done quickly.
Each kid gets to make their own. I use spaghetti sauce instead of pizza sauce because it has veggies hidden in it that the kids will eat without complaint.
Although the recipe calls for mozzarella cheese, any cheese that you have on hand will do. Don’t be afraid to mix it up!
I also let the kids put whatever toppings they want on their pizzas. Mine are easy and only want pepperoni and maybe olives. But you can put out a variety of toppings and let the kids pick whichever ones they want.
Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas: Mini Pizzas
- 1 can (16.3 oz) PillsburyÂ® Grands!Â® refrigerated biscuits
- Garlic salt to taste
- 1 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese, or whatever cheese you have on hand
- Assortment of toppings: pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, bell peppers, and whatever other toppings your family likes
- Preheat oven to 375Â°F.
- Press each biscuit into a 6-inch round. They should be flat like a pizza crust. Sprinkle garlic salt on each biscuit. Place on 2 large or 3 small greased cookie sheets.
- Top each biscuit with sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are deep golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Such a fun and easy recipe to make. This has quickly become the kids’ favorite and got two thumbs up from the kids. They ask for it for lunch sometimes, too.
The recipe came from the Pillsbury website for their Grands! Mini Pizzas. And they have several others! Download the Pillsbury recipe booklet and tell me which Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits recipe you are most excited to try.
What are your go-to weeknight quick and easy dinner ideas?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills. Compensation was provided by General Mills via Clever Girls Collective.