I love Pinterest…I really do. I find so many great DIY ideas and recipes there that it will take me years to try them all. Recently I came across a pin for a Christmas Eve spirit that is actually a chocolate pudding shot, and I knew I had to make them immediately.
Everybody knows what a jello shot is: you take a package of flavored jello and add 1/2 water and 1/2 vodka. Pour it into little shot glasses and let it set up in the fridge and then you have jello flavored shots! This recipe is similar to that, but it’s made with pudding instead of jello.
These shots are dangerously yummy! I took the Pinterest recipe and churched it up to make it even better.
Chocolate Pudding Shots
- 1 small package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate flavored pudding
- 1 cup whipped cream vodka (or for a minty treat, try it with my candy cane vodka recipe!)
- 1/2 cup Bailey's Irish Cream With a Hint of Caramel
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mix together all ingredients. I mixed it all together in a 4 cup measuring cup that has a pouring spout so I could pour the pudding mixture directly into the shot glasses.
- Put the shots in the refrigerator for about 1/2 hour.
- Top with some whipped cream if you'd like and enjoy!
The longer these shots sit, the better they taste! I say make them several hours or even the day before you plan on serving them.
And while these are perfect just as they are, I can’t wait to make these using different flavors of pudding and vodka. Maybe layer chocolate and banana flavored vodkas in the shot glass? I also wanted to try to cover a banana in it and then freeze the banana, but I don’t think the alcohol would freeze. Stay tuned and I’ll let you know when I find out.
Now you have a whole bottle of whipped cream vodka…what are you going to do with it? Check out One Martini at a Time for their Snowball Martini cocktail…trust me, you will love it!
If you are planning on having or attending a Super Bowl party these would be perfect for that. And while you’re at it, you have plenty of time to make some of my Jolly Rancher infused vodka to take with you too!