In October, I started what I thought was the best idea EVER: To share my Instagram pictures a couple of times a month since I can’t seem to find time to write! I decided to call it My Life In Pictures. Well October went just fine, and then I stopped. Yep, I did my best idea EVER just twice. Sigh.
Well, I want to share some of my favorite photos from the end of the year. I won’t bombard with the 60+ photos from those last two months of 2015 that are on Instagram, so I’ll just share my favorite favorites!
1. November, Fall, and Thanksgiving are my favorite times of the year to decorate, and now I finally have a big mantle to decorate for every holiday!
2. Ethan made me a pencil/cell phone holder for my desk. It’s probably one of my favorite gifts I’ve ever received.
3 & 4. Lila lost her first tooth! (#3) and less than a week later, her second tooth! Little Mia doesn’t even have a kinda-sorta-but-not-really loose one yet.
5. The girls never want to dress like twins, but one November day they came down dressed exactly the same. I may have shed a tear or two.
6. My heart blew up when I caught Jason and his mini-him (Lila) lying together on the couch, doing exactly the same thing.
7. Stephen King is one of my top three favorite authors, and no matter what I’m doing, whenever I get one of his brand spankin’ new books (that I pre-order as soon as I possibly can), I dive right in! Bazaar of Bad Dreams is a collection of short stories, and it did not disappoint.
8. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I LOVE shopping at Trader Joe’s for all the goods.
9. Happy 4oth to my sister Angie! My sisters and I (on the bottom) and some of our favorite friends celebrated Ang’s birthday in Vegas, Baby! Angie is an AMAZING home cook, and you can find some of her best recipes here.
1. Lila got a Sew Cool kids sewing machine for Christmas, and I love seeing all the things she’s sewing all by herself!
2. My niece Presley’s little teeny tiny little pink Converse make my heart almost as happy as she does!
3. Mia trying her first Peanut Butter & Jealousy Burger (yep, that’s really PB&J and bacon on a burger, and yep it’s AMAZING!) at Slater’s 50/50. In fact, they thought the picture was so cute that they reposted it on Instagram, too!
4. This is what made Christmas merry! Having my family (my parents, siblings, spouses, kids and a few in laws and there were 30 of us!) over for brunch on Christmas morning and getting all the kids to sit down for a picture (with hardly any complaints!) 14 grandkids for my mom, 11 nieces and nephews for me, countless smiles, endless laughter.
5. Ethan’s newest favorite thing? Calling shotgun. This one was taken on our way to Chill at the Queen Mary.
6. I bought a silicone mold to make shot glasses, and made these Jolly Rancher shot glasses. Turns out, I made LOTS of them because all of my friends wanted a set of them! Find out how to make them here.
7. One of my favorite pictures of Lila from two years ago. I pulled up the Timehop app one morning after I took a picture of Lila with a bowl full of lemons she’d picked from our tree that morning, and it just so happened that my favorite picture was taken exactly two years ago that same day! So of course I had to show the two pictures together.
8. My #2015bestnine pictures, according to Instagram.
9. Ethan cuddling with his sister. This does NOT happen very often (read: ever)
10. My kids with my niece Presley. They will do just about anything to get her to smile! She loves them!