Last week, I posted a recipe that’s perfect for cold weather called Italian Sausage Soup with White Beans and Kale. It is supposed to rain again here today so I thought I’d give you another soup recipe that is perfect comfort food. This potato soup recipe is full of all kinds of yumminess like sausage, bacon, and fresh spinach. Enjoy!
Kielbasa Potato Soup
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 medium potatos, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teasopoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup torn fresh spinach or kale
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage and bacon. Drain, but reserve a teaspoon of the drippings. Add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until tender (a few minutes).
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth and water to a boil. Add the potatoes, bouillon and pepper. Cook until the potatoes are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add the meats and the kale and cook until the kale is wilted.
- Reduce heat, add cream and cook a minute or so until it's heated through.
It’s yummy and comforting and filling…and so easy to make! Make a double batch and freeze half of it for the next time you need a quick weeknight meal.