A few years back, Jason and I sat down and watched a movie called Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. It’s about a man named Joe Cross who was unhealthy and miserable. He decided to reclaim his own health by trading in junk food and vowing only to drink fresh fruit and vegetable juice for 60 days. Basically he came up with all of these juicing recipes and lived on them, which I’m pretty sure I could do too.
The movie was eye-opening and inspiring, and if you haven’t seen it I think it’s worth the watch.
Anyways…since seeing the movie, we bought a juicer and initially started juicing Joe’s Mean Green Juice, which we still both love.
Since then, we have tried several other juicing recipes and even created some of our own. One of our favorites is Jason’s fruit juice recipe. Anytime we feel yucky or want to drop a few pounds we whip up a big batch of this juice and drink it a couple of times a day. Right now, Jason is fighting off a sore throat and drinking all of those nutrients and vitamins really helps. And it tastes really, really good!
So I thought I’d share Jay’s (almost) famous juicing recipe with you. Like all of my recipes, you can tweak it to suit your family’s tastes, half the recipe, or double it. It takes a little prep work to get the fruits all ready to juice, but it’s worth it.
We use the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer and it works just fine for us. Sure I’d like one of the uber expensive ones, but this one was less than $100 and does everything we need it to do.
Juicing Recipes: Jay’s (Almost) Famous Fruit Juice
Your measurements don't have to be exact! A little more or a little less of any of these fruits will not make a difference.
- 1 "personal size" watermelon (or just get a small one), rind removed. Check out this easy way to cut up watermelon.
- 1 honeydew, rind removed
- 2 red apples, seeds removed and quartered
- 2 green apples, seeds removed and quartered
- 4 oranges, peeled and halved
- 1 pint strawberries, stems removed
- 1 20 ounce can of unsweetened pineapple chunks
- Wash all your produce well.
- Cut up all of the fruit so that it will fit into the mouth of your juicer.
- Juice it all!
- Pour over ice and enjoy! You can also blend up the juice with some ice to make it a smoothie.
I just purchased this 101 Juice Recipes cookbook from Amazon. It’s got some great juicing recipes that I can’t wait to try! And I’m always looking for new juicing recipes, so if you have one, please share!