Just about everybody I know loves jalapeño poppers. Some make them with just cream cheese and jalapeño, others add bacon or sausage. In our case we add all three, and more cheese! I love twists on classic recipes, and this recipe for jalapeno popper wontons doesn’t disappoint. But first, a couple other favorite twists…
I also make a pretty damn delicious jalapeño popper dip.
As you can see, we’re big fans of jalapeño poppers. Another fun way to make them is in wonton wrappers. It’s super easy to do and they’re always a hit. Make a double batch because you won’t have any left!
Jalapeno Popper Wontons
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 lb of bacon, cooked and crumbled (*See Notes)
- 1/2 pound of bulk sausage (I used Jimmy Deanâ??s hot sausage), cooked & crumbled (*See Notes)
- 4 to 6 jalapenos, seeded and chopped. If you like heat, leave about 3 of the jalapenoâ??s seeds in.
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- Wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place wonton wrappers on the cookie sheet. Place about a teaspoon in the middle of each wrapper.
- Fold each wrapper in half to make a triangle, fold them up into a small basket, or pinch in the middle and pull the edges out to make a "star".
- Spray the tops of the wontons with cooking spray. Bake 5 - 7 minutes until browned on the edges.
*Check out my post on how to oven fry bacon and sausageâ?¦you can cook both in 20 minutes and you just throw away the mess!
If you have leftover jalapeno mixture, make more wontons! You can also put the mixture in a small crockpot and heat through. Serve with tortilla chips.
Super easy to make, and always a hit. They’re perfect for game day!
My husband said they’d be delicious with some jalapeno jelly to dip them in. We’re going to try that on Sunday!
Game Day is coming up! Check out my Pinterest board Tailgating & Party Food for even more recipes!