Over the weekend, the kids and I made Christmas cookies to sell and donate the proceeds to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. The kids had fun and I felt so good to be able to do something for kids who really need help. One of the things I made were my favorite Amaretto Truffles. If you are looking for a simple homemade treat to give to family, friends, neighbors, or co-workers or to take to a holiday party, this recipe is it. People always think truffles are hard to make, but I’ll tell you how to make truffles…it’s super easy (and inexpensive)!
How To Make Truffles
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (almond liqueur) You could use 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract instead if you'd prefer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a light boil.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Pour the cream over chocolates and whisk until smooth. Stir in Amaretto and vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until the chocolate is easy to handle. The colder the chocolate, the easier it will be to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cocoa. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa mixture. Store in a plastic storage container in the refrigerator.
See? Easy! You might want to make a double batch because if you’re like me you’ll end up eating half of the truffles all by yourself.
Another favorite holiday treat is my recipe for Cream Cheese Mints. The kids like helping with this recipe!
What are some of your favorite holiday recipes?