I recently shared with you how to “fry” bacon in the oven. I figured if that worked, it would probably work with sausage too. And it did! Here’s how to cook sausage in the oven.
Why would you want to cook sausage or bacon this way? Because it saves you time and a big mess. I love that I can throw it all in the oven and finish up all of my other prep work while it’s cooking. It cooks it perfectly and evenly…and I don’t have to do a thing! When it’s done cooking, I just throw the foil in the trash. Nothing to clean up!
I’ve tried this with both bulk sausage that I broke up into pieces and with sausage links. It works well both ways.
How To Cook Sausage In The Oven (How To Oven Fry Sausage)
- 1 pound bulk sausage (links work well too)
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil.
- Break bulk sausage into small pieces or cut into patties.
- Place raw sausage on the tin foil.
- Place the cookie sheet in a cold oven (do not preheat!) and then bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.
For recipes that use sausage, check out my Italian Sausage and White Bean Dip, Jalapeno Popper Wontons and my Jalapeno Popper Dip.