We do a lot of holiday gatherings this time of year, and even though we are always cooking and feeding the masses, the kids are always “hungry.” I can make this popcorn in about 10 minutes, and kids and adults alike love it. Beware! This holiday popcorn (we also call it Christmas Crack…others call it white trash popcorn) is addicting. Make a double batch because it goes quick!
Holiday Popcorn (AKA Christmas Crack!)
- 1 bag of buttered microwave popcorn
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups rice chex cereal
- 2 cups of pretzels
- 1 package of vanilla flavored Candiquik (you can find it on the bakery aisle of the grocery store)
- M&Ms or any other candy you want to throw in there
- 18 Ghirardelli Melting Wafers (or a bar of melted chocolate)
- Sprinkles or colored sugar if you want to get really festive
- Pop the popcorn as directed on the package.
- In a large bowl, mix together the nuts, cereal, pretzels, candy, and popcorn.
- Prepare the Candiquik as directed on the package. Pour the melted candy coating on top of the other ingredients and mix until all of the pieces have the candy coating on them.
- Transfer to a piece of wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate as directed on the package. Drizzle over the top of the popcorn mixture.
- Shake sprinkles over the top of the popcorn.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. Break apart and serve.
The great thing about this holiday popcorn recipe is that it’s versatile. Leave the nuts out or add your favorites. Use Reese’s Pieces instead of M&Ms. Use different cereal. Add in other things that your family loves. The sky’s the limit!
I’ve also got lots of other tips and tricks for keeping Santa alive and making your holidays easy to get through! Here are some of my favorites: