This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Wendy’s®. All opinions expressed are my own. How do you know that you’re a grown up?
My niece graduated from high school in May. The niece I still remember as a baby. The one who everybody says looks like I did when I was her age. The one who seems like a kid to me, even though at that age I thought I was so grown up.
Which of course had me thinking about what being a grown up actually means, and I’m still not sure! I don’t feel old enough to be a grown up, but I know that I am. So in my old meme You Know You’re a Mom When… fashion, here are 10 funny ways that I know for sure that I’m a grown up. What would you add to the list?
You Know You’re a Grown Up When…
1. You look forward to buying your kids all of your old favorite toys from when you were a kid. Barbie Dream House anyone?
2. You try to play Dodge Ball with the kids, and realize you are too old and out of shape to keep up with them.
3. You get to re-read all of your old favorite books because you read them to the kids.
4. Now instead of coveting your friend’s expensive brand name jeans, you want her brand new Dyson vacuum cleaner.
5. A weekend in Las Vegas no longer consists of finally deciding to go to bed when the sun comes up.
6. You get to introduce your nieces and nephews to movies like Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Better Off Dead, and Pretty In Pink. All the movies you will still watch anytime they come on TV.
7. The styles that were “in” when you were a teen are making a comeback. Like Doc Marten’s. I still have my 20+ year old pair.
8. You realize that a song the kids like on the radio is a remake of a song that was popular when you were in high school, and the kids are amazed that you know all of the words. And you will often hear songs from back in the day now referred to as “Classic Rock.”
9. Girls Night Out is dinner and a movie and ends at 10 PM. 10 PM is when all of you used to meet up to hit the clubs and stay out until 3 AM.
10. You still like to go to your old favorite fast food restaurants, like Wendy’s®, but get grown up food like the Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche.
Have you tried Wendy’s® new Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche? It is SO.GOOD. It’s packed with grown up flavors without a huge grown up price tag. How does this sound?
Wendy’s® is no stranger to introducing a higher standard of cheese to their menu, with past sandwiches featuring Asiago, Cheddar and Muenster. For a cheese lover like me, that’s heaven! I also like that they have several high quality menu items, like natural cheeses, aiolis and artisan breads, that you don’t find at many other fast food restaurants.
You can try the Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche through the end of September for just $4.79! Go grab a sandwich that appeals to your maturing tastes but doesn’t ask you to change you who really are. You’ll never eat any of those other boring chicken sandwiches again after you get a taste of #TheGoudaLife!
Be young. Eat grown up.
Are you going to try Wendy’s® Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Wendy’s®