Since I’m trying working really hard to get myself into shape (even though I just took a 2-week hiatus for no reason at all except that I got lazy), I drink a lot of water. I try to drink only water, with a cup of coffee or green tea thrown in. I try to stay away from juices, sodas, and (my favorite) lemonade. But water can get boring if you don’t liven it up. Here are a couple of my favorite flavored water recipes that will wake up your water.
Once you make these flavored waters, they will last in the fridge for a few days. But I usually drink a gallon or more a day so I rotate the recipes throughout the week. Also, if you drink ice cold water it helps you burn more calories. Learn more about why drinking ice water burns calories here.
Minty Lemon and Cucumber Flavored Water
This one is my favorite. It’s also called detox water because it helps cleanse out your system (but doesn’t all water?) and also helps you not feel hungry throughout the day.
- Drinking water
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- Handful of mint sprigs
- (Optional and yummy) 2 rosemary sprigs
- Drinking water
- 1 lemon
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 1 apple sliced (I like to use green apples for the tartness)
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a 2 to 2-1/2 quart pitcher, add the mint and rosemary and crush lightly. Add water, cucumber, and lemon. Chill an hour or two for the flavors to combine in the water. Add ice cubes just before serving.
- Add the cinnamon into a 2 to 2-1/2 quart pitcher. Next add the water and other ingredients. Chill an hour or two for the flavors to combine in the water. Add ice cubes just before serving.
I have a few other flavored water recipes that I love.
This basil, lemon, strawberry and watermelon flavored water recipe is my newest addiction. I can’t wait until summer gets here and watermelon is a lot cheaper than it is right now! I think I’ll be living on this water!
The Yummy Life has a ton of flavored water recipes that I enjoy – try the Raspberry Lime and the Pineapple Mint.
If you have a flavored water recipe that you love, please share it! I’d love to add it to my list!