Mama Kat had an awesome Writer’s Workshop prompt this week. The ladies at MomSmack listed their top 10 faves of 2012 and she suggested that we use their list as a template to fill in your own answers. I can do that! So here they are…
1. Favorite 2012 Movie: Yeah well I’ll be honest and say I rarely (read: pretty much never) watch movies anymore. I can’t even watch a half hour TV show without being
harassed interrupted by the kids. You want a TV show? I’ll give you a list. But movies? Not so much.
Hmmm….can’t think of one that really stands out. We’ll go with Magic Mike. Because Matthew McConaughey is on my free pass list and while I have never given Channing Tatum a second glance, the boy can dance! And that makes him super hot. So yeah.
I told my sister Heather that I had rented it one night when Jason was at work and the kids were asleep. She asked me how it was. My response: “The acting sucked, but I’m gonna watch it again tonight!”
2. Favorite Album: Choice of Weapon by The Cult. I am not a fan of the whole album, but I am a die hard fan.
3. Favorite Song: Pontoon by Little Big Town. Hands down, nothing even comes close.
4. Favorite Tweeter: Just one? Really? I plead the 5th. But The Bloggess always makes me feel. Sometimes happy, sometimes sad, most of the time she makes me laugh, but she always makes me feel.
5. Favorite Blog: I read lots of blogs, but rarely comment. I loves me some Funny or Snot, Kludgy Mom, Letters for Lucas, and Modern Day Moms and I never miss them. But I read lots, lots more. Like Mommy Shorts, One Martini at a Time, The Bloggess, All Things Fadra, and the list goes on…
6. Favorite TV Show: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. And Miami. And Orange County. But those are the only Real Housewives I watch.
And Law & Order: SVU.
And don’t tell anybody, but I absolutely adore Judge Milian on People’s Court. I may or may not DVR it every day.
7. Favorite Instagramer: Project Alicia. Her photos make me want to learn how to really take a picture. And she’s one of the loveliest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting (online, though I know I’d love her in person too!)
8. Favorite Moment: Spending an entire weekend with my husband celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary in Paso Robles. I wish I could sneak away with him more often.
9. Favorite Conference: Blissdom! I can’t even begin to describe how much I loved Blissdom. Also? If I hadn’t gone, I would have never met my partner in crime at Have Wine, Will Drink….Sili from My Mamihood!