Breakfast. The most important meal of the day. But it’s hard to make breakfasts that are easy to make and satisfying. Egg cups are the perfect solution.
If you are looking for a different breakfast idea that is a whole meal in just a couple of bites, I’ve got one for you! We had this egg cups recipe for breakfast yesterday and I’m already craving it again! Thanks to Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine for this yummy recipe!
Baked Prosciutto and Egg Cups
- Cooking spray
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces (I used the pre-shredded kind...I'm lazy like that)
- 3 large basil leaves, torn (Right out of the garden! I used more because we really like basil)
- 6 eggs
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375Â°.
- Spray 6 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each cup with a prosciutto slice.
- Divide half the cheese and basil among each cup. Crack an egg into each cup. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and basil around the eggs.
- Bake until set, about 15 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Season with pepper. Run knife around cups to unmold.
- Serve the cups over buttered toast or with fresh fruit.
And word to the wise: do not add any salt to the eggs! The prosciutto is VERY salty and you will regret it! Trust me, my husband did it and was not a happy camper!
The kids liked this recipe too, though I think they’d like it better with ham and if I beat the eggs first. They didn’t like seeing the yolk from the eggs; they thought it was gross.
Next time I make this egg cups recipe I think I’ll add some spinach or green onions…or both! Yummy!
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Check out my Breakfast board on Pinterest.