It’s been awhile since I’ve shared a recipe! I love this easy egg cup recipe I want to share with you today because they are quick and easy to make, and they freeze really well so you can have them for a breakfast on the go.
This egg cup recipe is also a great go-to recipe for when you are watching your weight. It’s packed full of just veggies and eggs, nothing else. It’s like an omelet that you don’t have to worry about flipping.
And bonus, the kids love this recipe too! They don’t realize all of the different veggies in it and eat it up without complaint (not an easy feat here in our house!)
Egg Cup Recipe: Veggie Delight Cups
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced bell peppers (color of your choice)
- 1/4 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute or egg whites â?? OR â?? 4 large eggs
- Large handfuls of fresh spinach (or any greens of your choice), chopped
- Dash of hot pepper sauce (my favorite is Tabasco)
- Salt and pepper or other seasonings to taste
- Heat oven to 350F
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pan. Add the bell peppers, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spray the muffin tin cups with the cooking spray (do this or else the quiches will stick to the baking cups and it will be a mess, trust me).
- Mix the eggs, hot sauce, and seasonings in a mixing bowl. Add in the veggies in small batches so as not to "scramble" the eggs. Mix all well.
- Fill the muffin tin cups with the mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. They are done when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Makes 12 large mini-quiches or 18 regular mini-quiches
I always make two batches of this egg cup recipe and then freeze one. When you are ready to eat them, just heat them up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and they’re perfect.
This egg cup recipe can also be changed up to meet your family’s likes. You can mix it up however you choose — throw in any veggies and greens of your choice. Add a little cheese if you want. What would you add to this recipe?
I also have a mini quiche recipe full of bacon and cheese! Still pretty diet friendly and another versatile recipe.
And here’s another egg cup recipe for Baked Prosciutto and Egg Cups!
Looking for more healthy meal ideas? Check out my board Healthy Eats on Pinterest.