Okay, so you read the title of my post and thought: Who in a million years would want to eat something called Dump Cake? Well let me tell you, once you try this easy recipe for dump cake, you will want to make it and take it with you anytime you have a meal and dessert with friends and family. And not only that, they’ll want you to bring it too!
This is a kid friendly, easy recipe that adults love too. I mean really easy. Why? Because you literally just dump everything in a pan. Hence the name Dump Cake. With just four ingredients and about zero effort on your part, you’ll have people begging to get the recipe from you. This is one people always ask me to bring (much like my Upside Down Pumpkin Cake recipe).
Easy Recipe – Dump Cake
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 1 can (21 ounces) Comstock Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- OPTIONAL: 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optionalâ?¦I donâ??t put them in because my family doesnâ??t like them)
- Preheat oven to 350ÂºF. Grease a 13Ã?9-inch pan.
- Dump pineapple with juice into pan. Spread evenly. Dump in pie filling. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over cherry layer. Sprinkle pecans over cake mix. Dot with butter.
- Bake 50 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
See? Couldn’t make an easier dessert if you tried! It’s rich and buttery and yummy. It’s also messy and fun to eat. Serve it with whipped cream or ice cream.
And one of the best things about this easy recipe is that you can really use any kind of pie filling you’d like. The first time my aunt made it for us, she made it with apple. I’ve also made it with peach and blueberry and both are yummy.
And if you are looking for other yummy desserts you can find them here, including the second most popular recipe on my blog, Holy Cow Cake. I’ve also got lots of other easy dessert recipes on my Desserts & Sweet Treats board on Pinterest.
Feel free to share your favorite easy dessert recipe by leaving a comment below!