Never mind that it was 95 degrees here yesterday, it’s still fall! And fall marks the beginning of the holiday season which means I get to start trying out all of the recipes I’ve been saving throughout the year to serve over the holidays! I have a recipe I’ve been wanting to try for months…it’s an easy pie recipe for Vanilla Poppy Seed Pie. A friend of mine sent me the recipe back in July and have been waiting for months to make it.
Now I could’ve made it during the summer since it’s a cream pie, but turning on the oven in the middle of the summer to bake a pie crust doesn’t sound like fun. Not only that, but Silk hit me up and challenged me to try Silk Soymilk in a recipe that would normally call for regular milk. I thought what the heck?
This easy pie recipe was SO GOOD that I couldn’t wait to share the recipe with you!
Easy Pie Recipe: Vanilla Poppy Seed Pie
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Silk Organic Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Bake the pie crust as directed on the package. Let cool completely.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg yolks, corn starch and salt. Set aside.
- Heat the Silk Organic Vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat. Do not let it boil.
- Slowly whisk half of the Silk Organic Vanilla into the egg mixture. Pour this back into the saucepan and cook while whisking about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture is thick like a pudding. Remove from heat. Whisk in the butter and vanilla.
- Pour the filling through a mesh sieve into a large bowl. Let cool for about 30 minutes, while stirring frequently so that the mixture cools evenly.
- In a small bowl, beat the whipping cream with a mixer on low speed until peaks form, about 4 minutes. Fold the whipping cream and poppy seeds into the cooled mixture.
- Spread the mixture into the pie crust, smoothing over the top. Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours until set.
This easy pie recipe came out creamy and delicious! And I love that the Silk Organic Vanilla gave even more of a vanilla-y flavor to the pie. I can’t wait to serve this at Thanksgiving!
This recipe was written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.