Nothing says comfort food like pasta…ooey, gooey, cheesy pasta. And when you bake all that cheese together with sausage and sauce, you find the ultimate YUM! Which is why I’m sharing one of my easy pasta recipes with you – my Italian Sausage and Penne Bake.
Well, that’s not the only reason. I used Anthony’s Pasta to make my Italian Sausage and Penne Bake because they asked me to create a recipe for a blogger head-to-head (or recipe-to-recipe) contest. Head over to Anthony’s Pasta Facebook page for lots of yummy and easy pasta recipes.
One of My Favorite Easy Pasta Recipes:
Italian Sausage and Penne Bake
- 16 oz package of Anthony's Pasta (penne or rigatoni)
- 1 pound Italian sausage, hot or sweet
- Small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (25 ounces) of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 3 cups of freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and set aside.
- Cut sausage into 1-inch pieces. Fry until cooked through in a large saucepan.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce.
- Stir in cooked pasta and 1-1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on the top.
- Cover with foil and baked at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and basil for even more flavor.
This Italian Sausage and Penne Bake is one of my favorite easy pasta recipes and is super simple to make. Not only that, but it can be made ahead of time or even frozen (before or after) you cook it. Sprinkle some fresh parm and some chopped basil on top and your family will be begging for more.
PSST! I was in a recipe showdown when I shared this recipe on Anthony’s Pasta Facebook page, and it won! This is an award winning pasta recipe (thousands voted!)
Disclosure: I created this as one of Anthony’s Pasta’s easy pasta recipes and was compensated for my efforts. All opinions expressed are my own.