Over the last couple of days, I’ve shared recipes perfect for holiday parties (Cranberry Mimosas, anyone?) and a traditional New Year’s Day Meal (Hoppin’ John.) Today I’m going to share with you an easy jalapeno poppers recipe. These jalapeno poppers show up at every family get together we have. My mom makes them, and we all love them. These will be a perfect addition to any New Year’s Eve party you might be attending.
Why do I say this is an easy jalapeno poppers recipe? Because you don’t stuff whole jalapenos. Simply slicing jalapenos instead of trying to stuff whole ones makes this easy jalapeno poppers recipe a cinch to throw together quickly. Cut them in half and throw everything else on top. As they bake, the jalapenos stay hard enough to support everything on top. So when you go to pick them up, they don’t fall apart.
Some people like bacon and sausage in their poppers, some don’t. You can fill these jalapenos with anything you’d like; don’t be afraid to switch up the recipe to suit your family’s tastes. And as you can see from the picture above, they don’t have to be perfect; messy jalapeno poppers are totally acceptable!
- I lb. bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 lb. bulk sausage (I used Jimmy Deanâ??s hot sausage), cooked and crumbled
- *To quickly and effortlessly cook your bacon and sausage while you prep everything else, read my How To Oven "Fry" Bacon and Sausage.
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 jalapenos, chopped in half lengthwise and seeded. If you like heat, leave about 1/2 of the jalapeno seeds (or more!) in.
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the bacon, sausage, and cream cheese in a large bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Place the jalapeno halves on a tin foil lined baking sheet. Spoon mixture on to each jalapeno.
- Sprinkle the cheeses over the jalapenos.
- Bake the jalapenos for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and browned on top.
These also cook well on a barbecue grill. Place them on the grill for about 30 minutes and they make a great appetizer!
So there you have it! The easiest jalapeno poppers you’ll ever make. If you are a fan of jalapeno poppers, don’t miss my recipe for Jalapeno Popper Dip and my Bacon Jalapeno Popper Wontons too!
Looking for more appetizer, food, decor ideas for New Year’s? Check out my Ring In the New Year board on Pinterest. If it’s tailgating or game day recipes you are looking for, check out my Football & Tailgating board on Pinterest.