What is the one meal that isn’t a hot dog or a chicken nugget that everyone of my kids love? This easy chicken recipe for Cheez-Its chicken.
And while it looks like it might be deep fried, it’s actually oven fried. It’s quick to make and I bet you have most of the ingredients on hand already. If you don’t have Cheez-Its, try goldfish crackers or Trader Joe’s cheddar rockets…they work well and taste just as yummy!
So here it is…
Easy Chicken Recipe: Cheez-Its Chicken
- 1 - 1-1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 cups of Cheez-Its
- 1/2 cup melted butter (I use unsalted butter because of all the salt on the Cheez-Its)
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place the Cheez-Its in a large Ziploc bag and crush them up. Use your fist, a rolling pin, or let your kids have at the bag.
- READ THIS VERY IMPORTANT NOTE! Make sure to get all of the air out of the bag before you start banging on it or you will have Cheez-Its everywhere! Trust me, I speak from experience.
- Once they are good and crushed up, pour them onto a plate.
- Put the sour cream on a plate and season with the garlic salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in it, then roll the chicken in the crushed Cheez-Its.
- In a glass baking dish, pour in the melted butter, and then place the chicken in the dish, turning once to get butter on both sides.
- Use a roasting pan with a rack. Place the chicken on the rack and pour the melted butter over the top of it.
- Bake for 40 minutes (chicken breasts) or 20 minutes (tenderloins).
- Let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
If you don't have Cheez-Its on hand, you can use goldfish crackers or any other similar cheese type cracker.
That’s it! A yummy and easy chicken recipe! Now if you’ve read my blog for any length of time, you know I share a lot of easy chicken recipes. A lot of them. Check out my easy chicken recipes. Some family favorites are the Bacon, Feta, and Spinach (Un)Stuffed Chicken, this super easy chicken recipe for Baked Chicken, and this Cilantro Lime Easy Chicken recipe.
If you have had this recipe before, let me know if your family likes it as much as mine does. If you haven’t had it yet, are you going to try it? Feel free to leave a link to your favorite chicken recipe in the comments below!