What do you do with 2 tablespoons of leftover cream cheese? Make Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies of course! But on a much smaller scale than you would expect. These cream cheese sugar cookies are made and featured as one of my Easy Bake Oven recipes.
But with just two tablespoons of cream cheese, I could probably make two or three cookies. So I decided to see if I could make a cream cheese cookie using the girls’ Easy Bake Oven. I looked up a Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies and found this great recipe from Pillsbury, which I’ll be trying soon because there’s nothing better than a cream cheese cookie!
I played with the Pillsbury recipe a bit, and created an Easy Bake Oven recipe for Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (you may add up to 2 tablespoons more if the dough is too wet)
- Combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt, and extracts and beat until smooth. Add flour until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface (I used wax paper) and divide into six small balls. Roll the dough, and use a thumb to press to make round cookies.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased Easy Bake Oven cookie sheet. Bake in Easy Bake Oven for 7 to 10 minutes.
Adapted from Pillsbury's Cream Cheese Sugar Cookie recipe.
I also have a few other Easy Bake Oven recipes to check out.
This Easy Bake Oven Chocolate Cake recipe should be called Chocolate Chocolate Chip cake!
Do your kids have an Easy Bake Oven? If you make your own mixes, please share the Easy Bake Oven recipes!