I’ve shared a recipe for Easy Bake Oven Mixes before – it was for Easy Bake Oven Cookie Dough. It’s a yummy one that you can add mini chocolate chips or mini M&Ms to, and it’s our go-to Easy Bake Oven recipe.
But the girls were getting bored with it. So I decided to make another recipe. This Easy Bake Oven Mixes recipe is also quick and simple to make, and can be doubled or tripled to make and use throughout the week.
You don’t have to add in the extra chocolate (mini chocolate chips) if you don’t want to, but the girls (who am I kidding? Me too!) like the little additional wow! of chocolate.
This recipe is a mix of a few different recipes that I found on Pinterest that we played with until the girls declared it perfect. We hope you enjoy it!
Simple Recipe For Easy Bake Oven Mixes: Chocolate Cake
- 6 teaspoons flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon veggie oil
- 6 teaspoons milk
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, chocolate chips, and oil. Until well blended. Add milk and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the Easy Bake Oven baking pan (don't forget to spray it with cooking spray first!)
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes. Let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or even a drizzle of chocolate syrup!
Simple enough for the girls to make without a whole lot of help. I usually double the recipe so each of them can have their own cake since they are so small. And by small I mean tiny. Easy Bake Oven mixes don’t make the cakes as big as when we were kids!
You can find a ton of recipes for Easy Bake Oven mixes on Pinterest. It’s fun to try them and see if they work! And it’s fun to experiment making your own. Do your kids have an Easy Bake Oven? Do you buy the premade Easy Bake Oven mixes or use your own mix recipes?