I’m super excited to share this recipe for crock pot pork chops with you! Not only is it my first official featured recipe, but it’s also one that my sister Angie wanted to share!
Angie is part of the reason why I came up with the idea of featuring recipes here. She is an amazing cook (I’ve shared her Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe here) and she asked if she could make some recipes and post them on my blog. So not only is this her first feature, you’ll be seeing lots more from her. She is going to be a regular contributor here, sharing recipes, parenting tips, and more. She has kids that range between the ages of 18 and 1, so she knows a thing or two about this whole parenting gig.
Her cooking style is very similar to mine; she uses what she has on hand, she tries to take churched-up recipes and make them quick and simple, and she also likes to use shortcuts when she can. I’ll let her take over the reins now so she can share her crock pot pork chops recipe with you!
What can I say about my crock pot pork chops that hasn’t been said before… They are the bomb! This recipe is so simple and it is my kids favorite meal. I get a text from the kids everyday asking what is for dinner and every day someone is unhappy with what I am making EXCEPT for when I make this! It is super simple, it’s quick and you set it and forget it. Enjoy!!
Crock Pot Pork Chops
- 5- pork chops (bone-in)
- 2 cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6- shiitake mushrooms sliced (or white mushrooms are fine too)
- 1/2 yellow onion thinly sliced (optional)
- Set crockpot to low
- Place pork chops in bottom of crockpot. It's ok if you have to layer them to fit.
- Season with pepper and a bit of garlic salt (optional)
- Mix 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with 1/2 cup of milk. Pour over the pork chops.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter to a sautÃ© pan and melt it.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the pan and sautÃ© until onions & mushrooms are cooked.. Approx 4-5 min on medium heat. When done pour over the pork chops & soup.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. The meat will fall right off the bone.
Some Additional Tips For Making Crock Pot Pork Chops:
1. I usually use Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners or PAM cooking spray in my crockpot so there is no mess to clean up.
2. I always serve my pork chops with white rice. Use Minute Rice because it’s quick and easy on busy weeknights. After the rice is cooked, just pour the soup mixture over the top of rice. The kids like green beans with it too!
3. If you don’t like mushrooms & onions OMIT THEM.. It’s just as good without them.
4. Instead of using milk in this recipe you can also use 1 cup sour cream.. It is delicious too.
Thanks for sharing Ang! If you love pork chops, check out my Pork Chop and Rice-A-Roni recipe, and this crock pot chicken recipe can easily be made with pork chops too! I’ve also got many more crock pot recipes, so check them out. You’ll also find other featured recipes here.
If you would like to get a recipe featured at Mommy of a Monster, find how how to do it here.