Yes, I know I’m a day early, but I was excited to share this recipe! Over the weekend, we celebrated Easter at my brother and sister-in-law’s place. Because there are so many of us, we always do our get togethers potluck style. I usually bring an appetizer or dessert. I found this recipe on Kraft’s website for a creamy coconut dip and thought it would be yummy with apples or graham crackers. It was yummy, but I thought it needed a little bit of a flavor boost, so I added a couple more ingredients and I can now claim this a new family favorite: Cream Cheese Fruit Dip.
It’s smooth and creamy and super easy to make! The kids are eating some with apples as I’m writing this! It’s also versatile because you can serve this as an appetizer or as a dessert.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
While the Kraft recipe only called for 3 ingredients, I added just a couple more to make it more flavorful.
This recipe is adapted from Kraft's Cream Coconut Dip recipe.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 oz.) cream of coconut
- 1 tub (16 oz.) Whipped Topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1-1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and cream of coconut with wire whisk or hand mixer until well blended.
- Stir in the whipped topping, shredded coconut, and vanilla until well blended.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
- Serve with apples, pineapple, or your favorite fruits. It's good with graham crackers and pretzels, too!
RECIPE TIP: Make sure the cream cheese is very soft and that the whipped topping is fully thawed. Otherwise it will not come out creamy.
And that’s it! This cream cheese fruit dip will have everybody asking you for the recipe. And because it’s so simple to make, it’s easy for anybody to make.
RECIPE TIP: Make sure the cream cheese is very soft and that the whipped topping is fully thawed. Otherwise it will not come out creamy. And I’m thinking that you could actually use this as a base for a fruit salad if you cut the cream cheese in half. That’s my next mission.
INGREDIENT TIP: Cream of coconut is not the same thing as coconut milk. You’ll find cream of coconut at the grocery store where they sell cocktail mixers. This is a sample of one of the most popular ones out there.