We go through lots and lots of bananas at our house. The girls want a “Banana Chocolate Smoothie” (which is banana, Nesquik, milk, and ice) and will snack on bananas as well. But sometimes they just stop eating them, leaving me with black bananas. And black bananas are PERFECT for this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cup bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 350Â°F. Grease only the bottom of 9x5-inch loaf pan (I use butter flavored spray).
- Combine everything except the chocolate chips and walnuts in a large bowl. Using a mixer, blend on medium speed until smooth. Gently fold in chips and walnuts. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides using a knife and remove from pan.
If you want to make a variation of the recipe, use M&Ms instead!
We love this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe! It is so easy to make; it only takes about 10 minutes to prep. It’s also really kid friendly so they can help you make it. And we all know that kids love to help (and lick the bowl!). I also like that this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is versatile. Add nuts or leave them out. Try it with chocolate chips or M&Ms or any other chocolate you may like…I bet peanut butter chips would be yummy too! I might have to try that next!
If you love bananas as much as we do, check out my Frozen Banana and Nutella Bites, my Nutella Banana Won Tons, and my Banana Oatmeal Muffins. You can find more baking inspiration here, and on my board Baking on Pinterest.
Would you like to get a recipe featured at Mommy of a Monster?