When Maxi-Cosi asked if I’d like to review one of their Mico AP car seats, I initially said no. I don’t have babies anymore and don’t need infant car seats! But after talking more about it, I thought it would be a great product to review because I know a lot of you are (or soon will be) in shopping the car seats market.
Now I’m wondering this: where were these Mico AP car seats when I had the twins?! The Mico AP is the lightest premium car seat on the market in its category (it only weighs 8.6 lbs). When lugging around two car seats, I totally could have used super light ones.
The Mico AP comes in 14 color combinations, too. So even the pickiest of moms can find a color to suit their style.
The seat comes with an insert for newborns that helps support the head and neck, and features Air Protect side-impact safety technology.The Air Protect side impact pads are meant to provide a better protection for baby’s head than the usual hard foam.
The seat seams very cushiony, which would be a big bonus for infants who seem to get lost in most car seats. And I even think my preemies would have been comfortable in it!
Another thing I noticed and really liked about the Mico AP is that it comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip out visor. This may seem silly to some, but ask any mom who needed that canopy to come out just a little more, and she’d be thankful for the flip out visor.
Another cool feature is that the base has a built in height adjustment so that you can get the car seat angled correctly when installed. Our old car seats had just a little level-thing on the side that you had to tip back and forth to get it level.
The base has spots to attach the LATCH buckles to if you don’t use them or are putting the seat in somebody else’s car. This is nice because the LATCH strap doesn’t dangle or hang out.
Other features include:
- For children rear-facing from 5-22 pounds and up to 29” in height
- Superior Side Impact Performance with Air Protect® technology
- Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base
- Premium fabrics and padding for a comfy ride
- Includes Cozi-Dozi™ infant support for smaller babies
- Integrated canopy, always on hand and easy to store
- Flip-out visor on canopy for extra protection when needed
- 5-point harness with up-front harness adjustment
- Adapters to use Mico as travel system included with compatible Maxi-Cosi and Quinny strollers**
- Adapters for many other premium strollers available from the stroller manufacturer
- Available accessories (sold separately):
- Foot Muff to keep baby warm
- Breathable Bug Net
- Additional stay-in-car bases
Though I didn’t actually try out the seat, this is a seat I would definitely tell a mom-to-be to check out and consider for her new baby. This seat is going to a good friend whose baby is coming in just a month!
Disclosure: Maxi Cosi provided product for review. I was not compensated. All opinions are my own.