This is going to sound goofy, but it is supposed to rain tomorrow and I am SO excited about it! After a summer with 2 months of 100+ degree weather and humidity that us Southern Californians ain’t used to, I am ready to put on a sweater and some real shoes (I live in flip flops) and turn on the oven (another thing I avoided doing all summer). I want to bake and make soup (I’m trying Alicia’s (of Project Alicia) Cheesy Potato Soup recipe tomorrow).
This week I made blueberry for Ethan. Last week I made banana oatmeal muffins that were yummy. Next week will be my favorite muffins, my Almond Poppyseed Muffins. What can I say? I’m a fan of the muffin. Which is why I want to share this healthy muffin recipe with you. Yep, it’s healthy and it’s also yummy. So yummy in fact that the kids won’t realize that you are giving them something that’s good for them!
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 3 mashed bananas (the riper the better!)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup cranberries (or raisins)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix all ingredients together. Divide batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake 20-30 minutes. You will know they are done when the edges start to look brown and the center is firm to the touch. Let cool for 15 minutes for serving.
Banana oatmeal muffins that are easy and simple to make. They are yummy too! Now it’s your turn. Share your favorite muffin recipe with me – I’m always looking for new ones!