I have lots and lots of chicken recipes, mainly because it’s the one meat all of the kids will actually eat with a minimal amount of complaining. And there are a gazillion ways to serve chicken without it getting boring. Case in point: this recipe for Baked Pesto Chicken.
I originally found this recipe somewhere on Pinterest, though I’m not sure where. Baked Pesto Chicken requires only three ingredients, and it couldn’t be any more simple to make. It’s perfect for those week nights when you need a meal quickly.
Baked Pesto Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning chicken
- 1/2 cup basil pesto (try other pesto flavors too!)
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread 1/4 cup basil pesto to lightly cover the bottom of the dish. Spread the chicken over the pesto, then spread the remaining pesto over the chicken.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is barely cooked through.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the cheese on top of the chicken. Put dish back into the oven, uncovered, and cook 5 minutes more until the cheese is melted. To lightly brown the cheese, you can broil the dish for another 2-3 minutes more.
All of that yummy pesto in the bottom of is perfect to serve with rice, potatoes, or quinoa. Or just serve it right over the chicken.
Yum, right? You can also try this recipe with pork. It’s a great easy recipe that the kids love -they call it green chicken.
Want more chicken recipes? This Baked Chicken recipe is the easiest and most delicious recipe you can make. My recipe for Chicken Da-Bomb is kid-approved, as well as my recipe for this Bacon, Spinach, and Feta Un-Stuffed Chicken.