I’m always looking for easy chicken recipes, and I love a good baked chicken recipe because it’s something that I always have on hand and it’s something that all the kids will eat. This past week I’ve made two AMAZING baked chicken recipes that my entire family gave 5 stars to. And I’m going to share them with you.
The first one is for a recipe I found through Once a Month Mom (OAMM). Do you follow her? She does once a month cooking, which I don’t do, but if you sign up for to get her daily updates emailed to you, she sends out the best recipes! Seriously, go sign up for the updates now; that is where I found this first recipe OAMM titled Ridiculously Delicious Roast Chicken.
Sounds good right?! But I’ll be honest and tell you that I never use a whole chicken. We pretty much stick to chicken breasts and tenders. I usually buy bags of frozen chicken because we go through so much of it, and it’s more cost efficient for me that way. I just thaw them out and use like I would fresh chicken. I switched up the OAMM recipe to work for what I had on hand and to my family’s liking. It came out SO good!
Simple Baked Chicken Recipe
A simple baked chicken recipe that your whole family will enjoy!
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken tenders TysonÂ® Grilled and ReadyÂ® Chicken Breast Strips
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the first seven ingredients. Rub spice mixture all over the meat. Coat completely.
- Pour the broth in the bottom of a large baking dish. Place chicken into the dish.
- Bake chicken for 45 minutes to one hour (check for doneness at 45 minutes). The skin should be crispy and brown.
- You can thicken drippings with flour or cornstarch in a sauce pan to make a simple, delicious gravy for mashed potatoes or to dip the chicken in.
Simple, fast, and yummy. And the best part is that it’s kid approved!
I’ve got a bunch of simple chicken recipes if you are looking for some new ones to try. You can also find almost 200 chicken recipes on my Chicken Pinterest board.
If you have a favorite baked chicken recipe or just a simple chicken recipe, feel free to leave a link!