Disclosure: I received compensation to write this post on behalf of Foster Farms Sauté Ready. All opinions are expressed are my own.
Last week, I shared a recipe for Chicken Pesto Pizza that was a huge hit and that the kids have been asking for every night. So I decided to come up with a recipe that was similar to the pizza that I could make a big batch of, and then freeze it so I have it available when the kids ask for it. I do that a lot with pasta. This easy chicken pasta is made really quickly because I take a shortcut on the chicken. I make it using Foster Farms Sauté Ready.
I love this new Foster Farms Sauté Ready chicken for so many reasons. The biggest being that it’s a fast way to make a healthy weeknight dinner! It cooks in about 10 minutes, and doesn’t require any thawing. I also like that you get a big resealable bag of low-fat (98% fat free), high-protein (21g protein/serving) chicken with no added hormones or steroids. The bag contains 1.75 pounds (that’s 7 servings!) of 100% natural chicken. That means you can use what you need and save the rest for later. And it comes in three delicious varieties: Fajita, Garlic Herb, and Asian Style. For my easy chicken pasta recipe, I tried the Garlic Herb variety.
So let’s make some easy chicken pasta!
Easy Chicken Pasta
- 1/2 lb pasta of your choice
- 3 tablespoons of jarred pesto (or make your own!)
- 1 lb Foster Farms SautÃ© Ready, Garlic & Herb flavor
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces turkey bacon, cooked and chopped (you can find pre-cooked bacon in the deli aisle)
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup of sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups low-fat Alfredo sauce
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped basil to taste (optional)
- Prepare the pasta as instructed on the box.
- Heat the pesto over medium heat in a nonstick skillet; add the chicken, garlic, and bacon and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, or until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and Alfredo sauce and stir until mixture is coated. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir until well blended. Sprinkle with fresh basil, if desired.
Super easy to make and delicious! It’s rich and creamy, and is good even without the pasta!
Another reason to love Foster Farms Sauté Ready: It provides deliciously flavored chicken for your family’s favorite meals. Just combine with your favorite ingredients to create a full, hearty meal that your family will love. It allows you to serve a homemade meal easily, and takes the guesswork out of dinner!
Not sure what sounds good for dinner? Foster Farms has you covered! On their website, you’ll find a Recipe Search full of recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less!
Now you want to try my easy chicken pasta made with Foster Farms Sauté Ready, right? You’re in luck! You can save up to $1 by downloading and printing a coupon to get $1 off any 1 ONE (1) package of Foster Farms Sauté Ready. OR share the coupon with a friend (via Facebook, Twitter or email) and get $2 off any ONE (1) package of Foster Farms Sauté Ready. What are you waiting for?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms Sauté Ready.