Last week, I shared a recipe for Chicken Pesto Pizza that was a huge hit and that the kids have been asking for every night. So I decided to come up with a recipe that was similar to the pizza that I could make a big batch of, and then freeze it so I have it available when the kids ask for it. I do that a lot with pasta. This easy chicken pasta is made really quickly because I take a shortcut on the chicken. I bought already cooked chicken.
Let’s make some easy chicken pasta!
Easy Chicken Pasta
- 1/2 lb pasta of your choice
- 3 tablespoons of jarred pesto (or make your own!)
- 1 lb cooked chicken (or uncooked - just cut it into chunks and cook. It will take less than 10 minutes)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces turkey bacon, cooked and chopped (you can find pre-cooked bacon in the deli aisle)
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup of sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups low-fat Alfredo sauce
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped basil to taste (optional)
- Prepare the pasta as instructed on the box.
- Heat the pesto over medium heat in a nonstick skillet; add the chicken, garlic, and bacon and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, or until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and Alfredo sauce and stir until mixture is coated. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir until well blended. Sprinkle with fresh basil, if desired.
Super easy to make and delicious! It’s rich and creamy, and is good even without the pasta!