It’s been awhile since I’ve shared a recipe here, so I thought that this would be a good one to share. It’s a broccoli recipe. Why share a broccoli recipe? Because Ethan LOVES broccoli. And by love, I mean the kid could live on nothing but broccoli.
One of his favorite ways to eat broccoli is this broccoli recipe I found on (where else?) Pinterest. He calls it “lemonade broccoli” because you squeeze lemon onto the broccoli before serving it. It’s so yummy and a quick and easy go-to.
Then I found another broccoli recipe (not on Pinterest…through good ol’ Google, but I ended up pinning it) that sounded yummy too. And because it uses frozen broccoli which I always have on hand. We tried it and it was a winner.
The two recipes are actually pretty similar to each other, and what I’ve found myself doing is combining both of them into a new recipe that we make all the time now. It’s Ethan’s new favorite lemonade broccoli, and he will eat as much as I make of it. He even asked for more last night as a snack!
So now I give to you:
The Best Broccoli EVER!
A Quick & Easy Broccoli Recipe
- 1 lb fresh or FROZEN broccoli, pieces or florets (if using frozen, just make sure to remove any ice chunks)
- 2-4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 (or more!) garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesano Reggiano cheese
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place the broccoli in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and stir to get the broccoli completely coated. Add in the bread crumbs and shredded Parmesano Reggiano cheese. Stir so everything is well mixed. Transfer to a lightly greased cookie sheet (TIP: Cover the cookie sheet with foil and grease the foil for easy clean up!) Make sure to get all the crumbs out of the bowl and add it to the top…it’s the best part!
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the broccoli and all of the other yumminess is browned. I stir the broccoli up one time after about 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Next, zest a lemon over the broccoli. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli add the toasted pine nuts and the grated Parmesan cheese.
What are some of your family’s favorite side dishes? Feel free to leave a link to the recipe in the comment section below. And make sure to check out my friend Devan’s recipe over at Accustomed Chaos - Oven Roasted Broccoli with Bacon and Garlic Salt…YUM!