It’s the weekend and you know what that means…it’s time for Monster Likes! What’s Monster Likes? I list my favorite selection of posts I found throughout bloggy land over the past week.
I’m gonna be honest – these past few weeks have kicked my blogging butt. I committed to do a job that I thought I’d have time to do, but it’s leaving me doing nothing but sitting in front of the computer writing. Don’t get me wrong I love to write, but damn if I have not been neglecting my blog, reading your blogs, and everything else. Next month, my work load is going to lighten up significantly and I’ll be back to normal. I hope…
Now on to the few things I have had time to read! If one of your posts is listed below and you want the badge, just shoot me an email or leave me a comment and I’ll send you the badge to put on your post!
And now on to the good stuff….
Poppy from Funny or Snot made me laugh out loud with her post Shit Hank Says. Not for nothin’, but I think Hank was right on the money with his observation!
Have you guys seen the site Child’s Own Studio? It’s the coolest site EVER! She takes your child’s drawings and turns them into stuffed animals! You’ve got to check the site out.
Over at SITS, there is an AWESOME giveaway going on right now that you won’t want to miss! Check out the Summer Camp Giveaway, enter and then tell your friends about it too! I think that this summer camp would be awesome for my niece Nikki. She’s always wanted to go to Catalina and maybe this would be her chance. She’s adventurous and would love trying all those outdoor activities like archery and the climbing wall. And she LOVES to wakeboard and I’m sure she’d want to try that in the ocean! I am entering to win a session of summer camp for a child at Catalina Island Camps from The SITS Girls! You should too!
Wanna make money blogging? Then you’ll want to check out my post about How To Get Sponsored Posts. But I didn’t stop there…in case you missed it, I wrangled up a few of my good friends to discuss the topic on their blogs too! Check out these posts if you are interested in monetizing (or not monetizing!) your blog…
- Katie (Sluiter Nation): Not My Business, Baby (why you do NOT want to monetize your blog)
- Devan (Accustomed Chaos): Monetizing Your Blog: Why’s & How’s of Making Money (why you do monetize and how you do it)
- Kristin (What She Said): Getting Paid to Blog: So Many Questions, So Little Time.(newbie in the monetizing world)
- Gigi (Kludgy Mom): So You Want To Be A Freelancer? What You Need To Know.(freelance work)
- Alex (Late Enough): Writers Teach, Why Can’t Bloggers? (on teaching blogging and social media)
- Debi (The TRUTH about Motherhood): What to Charge for a Sponsored Post and Why you need a Media Kit (what to charging for sponsored posts, media kits)
- Tina (Life Without Pink): Tips For Building Successful Relationships With Brands and Scoring Paying Opportunities (pitching brands, sponsored events, ambassadorships)
Over at SmartMomPicks.com, I wrote about eSalon.com, and if you haven’t seen it, go check it out! You can get professional, personally customized hair color for just $20! And I also wrote about the funniest site I’ve seen in awhile…but it’s also incredibly awesome! Read all about PooPooPaper.com! Note to my family: start expecting to get presents made out of poop! And I wrote a book review of Fit Moms for Life by Dustin Maher. This book changed my outlook on dieting and exercising and is a must read.
Still want more weekend reading? Head over to Sluiter Nation where Katie is also sharing her fave posts of the week! Check ‘em out!
And be on the lookout for a new somethin’ somethin’ me and Katie are working on…we think you’ll like it!
If you are Mom and never get any sleep, you want. You need. You MUST HAVE Eyedews!
Last updated byat .