I think it’s safe to say that if you’ve been reading Mommy of a Monster for any length of time that you know I’m a sucker for appetizer and dip recipes. They are kinda my thing, and I’m always looking for new ones or spins on classics. And that’s just what Amy from Beloved Atmosphere is sharing today. She’s taking the classic guacamole recipe and making it quick and easy – she’s sharing her 2 minute guacamole recipe.
After several years of travelling the world, stumbling through parenthood and being a teacher & personal tutor, Amy’s charitable gift to those wiser than she is saving them from repeating her family’s slip-ups in World Travel, Parenting, Education, Cooking, DIY+more. Her fun-loving, humorous style shines in her stories of adventure and mishaps. Come on over to Beloved Atmosphere and hang awhile. You’re guaranteed a laugh. Hey, you may even learn something new! So I’m going to let Amy tell you how to prepare her 2 minute guacamole recipe.
2 Minute Guacamole Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado (hass, bacon or fuerte varieties work well)
- 2 tablespoons medium chunky salsa (Chi-Chiâ??s, Trader Joeâ??s Autentica or Old El Paso are best)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Goya Adobo spice, to taste (optional)
- Slice and pit the avocado (see my instructional video below for simple instructions).
- Using a spoon, scoop out both halves of the avocado and place the â??meatâ? into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado to the desired consistency for your guacamole.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of chunky salsa. Gently incorporate into avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle in and incorporate the salt, pepper and Adobo spice (if desired), to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips, fresh cut-up vegetables or anything you love to pair with guacamole!
Yum! Amy’s 2 minute guacamole recipe sounds so good and quick and easy to make…just my style! If you are looking for more appetizer and dip recipes, make sure to check out my board Appetizers & Dips on Pinterest.
And Amy’s also included a bonus with her recipe. She shows us how simple it is to properly pit an avocado – watch Amy’s YouTube Video of How to Pit an Avocado.
Would you like to get a recipe featured at Mommy of a Monster? Find how how to do it here.